Saturday, December 02, 2006

Bear, Paris


I took my wife to Paris in October to celebrate her birthday.

It wasn't a photographic trip, so I kept the gear to a minimum, just my trusty Olympus XA, bought secondhand in Birmingham in about 1980. It's only recently that I've come to really fall in love with the camera. It's small, inconspicuous (it's black, unlike most shiny digital P&Ss, and you don't have to wave it about at the end of your arm to see the screen), and the lens is pretty good if you stop it down.

I also love this picture of a window display, although I do have a slight problem with this kind of photography. The real creativity lies with the person who dressed the window, setting up the idea in the first place, but I'll argue I found some nice diagonals and did some subtle digital manipulation :-)

I hope it makes you smile.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home